Sunday, August 30, 2009

So Embarrassing

Do you ever have those moments that you wish you could just hide and not face the situation. Well, I had one of those yesterday. Jon had the day off so as a family we went to Red Robin for lunch, because I got a free burger for my up coming birthday, and did a little shopping because Benjamin needed new shoes for school. We were at the outdoor mall and Jon had taken Ben to play on the little playground they have. While he was playing, since Ben has not mastered pooping in the toilet yet, he went in his underwear. Jon carried him over to me so I could take care of the situation. I put Ben on the floor and took him by the hand to go to the bathroom. As we were walking down the hall which lead to the bathroom Ben starts saying something about poop and pointing behind him. Once I finally catch on to what he is trying to tell me I look back and see something on the floor. I'm too close to the bathroom to head back and see what he's talking about so I quickly grab Ben and head to the bathroom. Once I take his pants off...the poop is gone! It had fallen out of his pants, he knew it and was trying to tell me. Stricken with horror I have no idea what to do now. I thought about calling Jon to warn him and see if he'll take care of it...no phone. So I take care of cleaning up Ben and think what to do. Do I just ignore it and walk right by it on my way out, no Ben will mention something about it. So I need to face this embarrassing moment and just deal with it. I'm a mom who has a son that's potty training. Things like this happen, right? Staying in the bathroom trying to get the courage to face this I finally decide to laugh about it instead of cry. I finish up with Ben, we wash our hands and I grab a lot of extra paper towel. Jon is out the door waiting for us, I tell him about the situation and bravely walk up to the poop. Unfortunately, a guy almost steps on it as we are approaching it, Jon yells at him to watch out, which brings more attention to the situation. Without looking at anyone I quickly pick it up (like it's no big deal and this happens all the time), wrap it in all the paper towel I got, keep walking, find a garbage, throw it in and walk away never looking back. Thank goodness for hand sanitizer so I didn't have to head back to the bathroom to wash my hands. Jon and I are still laughing about it. We love Ben, but sometimes life would be much easier and less embarrassing if he could just grab the concept of pooping in the toilet. I also learned from this situation that boxer briefs, although cute on his little bottom, are not practical right now. I don't think the poop would have fallen out if he had little briefs on instead.

4 comments:

Carie Annie said...

That's nothing compaired to what happened to me!!! Okay, so it's very similar.

Friday night we went to pick raspberries with some of Jason's co-workers and their families and afterward we all went for pizza. Abby who is 3 is also potty training and still has a hard time pooping in the toilet (just like Ben). However she will hold it in and make hersrf constipated. I had forgotten that I'd given her a bunch of laxztive recently and didn't pack any diapers (she'd already used the one she was wearing eirlier in the day and she was going "comando") While were at the pizza place she franticly starts telling me that she was "peeing poop" and so I grab her and run to the bathroom I had to bathe her in the sink as well as her pants. After we're all cleaned up we leave the bathroom, I look around and to my horror there on the foor near Abby's chair is a nice and gooy lump of poo just waiting for someone to step in. It felt like everyone was looking at me and following my eyes right too it. I walked back to the table like nothing happend grabbed some napkins walked over to Abby's chair and like it was totaly normal I scooped it up and took it back to the bathroom and washed my hands a million times once again again.
END OF STORY I FEEL YOUR PAIN OR RATHER EMBARASSMENT!!

Emily Reese said...

Holy CRAP! That is hilarious and I am sure Ben will be glad this is documented. Love, Emily
It was so good to see you in Denver.

Daphne said...

Oh my gosh Aimee and Carianne...you are both making me laugh so hard...and I can't laugh out loud...I just put Linnea to bed!! Oh, I have happy tears in my eyes...I can't wait to tell Mike what we have to look forward to in the coming years....your stories are great, they have made my day....but I am sorry you had to go through this...oh man...what I have ahead of me...oh boy...

Jennie said...

wow... you are a good mom aimee!

and... happy birthday today! :)