Thursday, January 12, 2012
Getting Through
As a young mother trying to do all the things that we are asked to do by the prophets, it can be very overwhelming and difficult with such small children. I have come to terms that this is the time to get into practice while the children are young. I wonder as we are reading the scriptures, saying prayers, or any of the other many things we need to be doing, and the kids are jumping on the bed, beating each other up, or running in and out of the room, if this will ever get through to them and are they even listening. Last night as I was reading the scriptures to the boys still having thoughts of doubts Benjamin chimed up and said, "Is that Laman and Lemuel from the ship movie who tie up the boy?" Shocked, I said "Yes, it is." Thanks to the spirit I was able to recognize this as a teaching moment. We talked about who they are, who they had tied up, and whom do we want to become like. It was a very fulfilling reward, knowing that with my efforts, as hard as I am trying and as frustrated as it can get, I am doing good and line upon line, precept upon precept it will sink in and they will get it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment