
We have started needing to give Benjamin time outs. Sometimes he gets so frustrated with Jon and I that he will hit us; he is also throwing temper tantrums which we usually ignore. In the beginning Ben would get a warning before a time out but now we think he knows that hitting is wrong and he gets a time out with the first hit. We usually put one of the kitchen chairs in the middle of the floor and sit him in it, without the padding of course, for one minute. When the timer goes off we tell him to tell us sorry, which is usually a grunt, and then give us a hug. His reaction

to time out seems to waver quiet a bit. Sometimes he'll sit there and laugh, I guess he thinks that his mom's attempt to discipline is funny. Other times he will cry and cry and scream and cry some more. He's usually done crying by the time the timer goes off. Lately, when I put the chair back under the table he starts to get upset, pulls the chair out and wants to get back on the chair. I took these pictures after his most recent time out. He had been crying so pathetically that I thought it was funny and needed a picture. When I pulled the camera out, he seemed to know that it was time to pose and smile.
4 comments:
So, ben is hilarious. I am sorry he is being such a stinker. I love the crying picture. So cute!
i am so sorry that i have been such a bad blog friend! life has been a bit crazy! i promise to be better!
Ah the joys of discipline. I wish I could find a magic formula for my second!
that is so cute...
Post a Comment