
So the above picture is from when Benjamin and I went out to Idaho almost a year ago, so he looks a little young. But I wanted a picture to go along with this story. Ben and I went out to New Hampshire a couple weeks ago to visit Jon's family while Jon was busy with surgery. We flew out on a Tuesday morning and things were going fine. Our flight took off on time and we got to Baltimore a little earlier then expected. We had a layover which was a little over an hour. When we landed I checked to see where out next gate was, and what did I see...delayed! We were delayed an 1.5 hours. "OK" I thought, "I can do this." I called Lark to let her know that the flight was delayed. When I was done Ben and I went to get something to eat. After that we checked again, the flight was delayed another hour later. We tried to get on the earlier flight, but there was no point since we would have to wait for our luggage anyway. So we decided to wait for our normal flight, which turned out to be good anyways since the other flight got canceled due to mechanical problems. Ben occupied himself by making a few friends and playing with a stray Smart cart. Finally, after waiting for 5 hours our flight took off. Perfect, right...wrong. No more then 10 minutes into the flight then all of a sudden Ben began to VOMIT. All over me, all over him, and all over our clothes. Thank goodness there was an empty seat between me and the lady sitting in our aisles, poor lady.

She tried to help by giving me a few of those travel size Kleenex's. The lady behind us had two kids with her and asked what she could do to help. I told her I needed a bag to through Ben's clothes and my jacket in, who has a spare bag on an airplane, but she did, she had an empty tortilla chip bag. You are probably wondering why I didn't call the flight attendant. I did, but there was so much turbulence that no one could come to help. After, Ben was stripped of his clothes I put him in the seat next to me and got the wipes out. I cleaned him off and then did the best I could to clean my pants off. The smell was awful so I had some Purell in my bag and whiped Ben down with it and drenched my pants with it, smelling like alchol was better then vomit. After we were all cleaned up Ben sat on my lap drinking a little juice and finally passed out. Followed a flood of tears from a very tired and stressed out mom who was somewhat proud of herslef that she was able to keep herself together throughout the whole ordeal.
4 comments:
OH AIMEE!!! I sympathize whole heartedly!
I can definitely relate. I don't know which is worse, poop or throw up! Way to keep your cool and survive the moment!
That's a flight to remember! Go Supermom! I've never flown with kids and I'm not tempted to.
That is horrible! I dread something like that happening to me. It is so hard to travel with kids. I am proud of you for keeping it together!
Post a Comment