Sunday, November 2, 2008

Pearl Harbor

On one of our days together Jon and I went to Pearl Harbor. It was an amazing place to see. Very sad and somber. It's hard to fathom the things that went on there over 60 years ago. It's amazing the destruction war does. We took our little tour at the USS Arizona and then went over to the submarine they had. We were glad that we didn't have Ben with us, since children under 4 couldn't go on. I had never been in a submarine before. It was interesting to see how they cramp in so many people in such a small space. But to my surprise I wasn't as claustrophobic as I though I would be. Granted there weren't many of us on the submarine at the same time. There was a lady on the submarine, making sure they were going in the right direction who told us to give her our camera so she could take a picture of us. She place us in three different spots and told us where to stand. The one with Jon pretending to ring the bell is one of them. We then took a bus over to the USS Missouri. What a big ship. You never realize how big they really are until you are on one. It was a good day seeing a little piece of history and being able to enjoy it without a 2 year old.

No comments: