Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Safari

On Jon's day off we took Benjamin and Andrew to a little drive through Safari. It was a nice drive up, both boys slept which gave us a little peace and quiet. We were put into this caged cart that a tractor pulled. Once the animals saw us they came running. They would stick their head in looking for food. I tried to feed one of the animals but got a little nervous. Jon then took over in the feeding and I took over holding Andrew sitting as far away from the animals as possible. I know that they wouldn't bite us, especially since they didn't have bottom teeth, but I was still a little nervous at how aggressive they were with putting their heads so close to us. Ben was nervous to feed them too so he would throw the food out or put it on the seat and the animals would stick their tongues out to lick it up. He had fun looking at all the animals. Andrew on the other hand probably didn't really care. He was too busy spitting up. I wonder if he might get motion sick, especially since the ride was pretty bumpy. After we headed back to San Antonio and stopped at one of our favorite Mexican Restaurants for lunch. They have a playground so Ben was able to play while we waited for our food and after he was done eating. It was just a fun day for a drive and spending time together. We sure do enjoy the time Jon has off and can spend time with us.

No comments: