Monday, February 15, 2010

Andrew's Blessing

Last Sunday, February 7, we blessed Andrew. Since we live so far from family we only had a few friends join Jon in the circle. He was one of three being blessed that day. Grandma Christensen had made a blessing outfit for Benjamin. Since he was only a few weeks old when he was blessed the outfit was huge on him so we thought we would have time to bless Andrew. However a week before I tried on the outfit. The pants fit fine, but the vest was too short and tight. So I made an attempt to sew a new one. Since I'm not expert it wasn't perfect, it was still tight, and just a little longer. Oh well, he still looked fine. I'll just know for next time, if we have another boy, to bless him sooner rather then later. He was a really good boy during the blessing. Jon said that he just looked up and smiled at everyone. It was a nice sweet blessing. We were a little sad that we don't have family close by to have enjoyed the occasion with us, but were grateful that we had some good friends to be there.

3 comments:

Indiana Transplants said...

What a sweet, happy boy! Thanks for sharing your special event! Andrew looks sharp in his blessing outfit. He's so grown-up. And good job with his vest. They are not easy to make!
Happy Tuesday to you all! - Angie

Emily Reese said...

Handsome boy! I can't get over how much he and Ben look a like... Wish we could of been there. Em

CJF said...

Super cute! Congrats again...sorry I'm late on a lot of things...we just got our internet set up in the house. Hope you're doing well!