
We had a incident in our home earlier this week. Benjamin got burned for the first time. I had straightened my hair earlier in the day with the flat iron and curling iron. With not much room in the bathroom to put a hot iron to cool off I had them above the sink and out of reach. I thought I had closed the door to the bathroom and told Ben that I was going downstairs. He usually follows me but this time he decided to linger. No sooner did I heard a bang, which sounded like the toilet seat, followed by a whine and then the sound of Ben crawling down the stairs crying. I looked at his hand which looked red. I figured that he had caught his fingers in the toilet seat. I put it under cold water for a little bit and gave him tylenol and then we went to run a few errands. Ben whimpered the

whole time. When we were finally in the grocery store and he was holding his hand a little awkward did I look down and see a huge blister on his finger. This sad sick feeling came over me and I felt so bad for him. When we got him I put ice on his finger and bandaged it up with some neosporine. I also went to the bathroom and saw that Ben must have pulled the curling iron down from the cord and went to grab it out of the sink when he got burned. My poor little guy. I felt so bad for him, but over all he has been a great little sport about it all.
1 comment:
ouch! poor guy!
Post a Comment