Sunday, January 27, 2008

Trip to Idaho

Because Jon didn't get a Christmas break at Christmas we took our little vacation earlier this month. We went out to my mom's place in Idaho. It was a nice break just doing nothing. On our way out to Idaho there were enough seats on the plan so Benjamin could "somewhat" sit in a seat on his own, without us having to pay for it. But as you can see Ben did anything but sit in a seat of his own. He had lots of fun playing with the trays in front of us, eating lots of snacks, playing with Mommy and Daddy. It was a long day but we finally made to Idaho. Since Grandpa Christensen was working most of the time that we were out in Idaho we got to spend a lot of time with Grandma Christensen. For the most part, Ben did. Jon and I got to go on several dates while in Idaho. Thank you Mom for watching Ben for us so Jon and I could have a little alone time. We went out to eat several times and saw a movie together. We also got to go out the Jackson Hole Wyoming and spend the night. There wasn't much to do since we didn't really have our winter gear, but it was still fun. We ate at a nice Steakhouse and Jon was brave enough to try a Buffalo steak. It was amazing. It tasted really good. It's basically like normal steak but the aftertaste is a little different. While out in Idaho Jon and I also got to go up to Rexburg and see the new temple during the open house. It is a beautiful temple. Jon asked me if it was there when we were getting married if I would have chosen the Rexburg temple, my answer was yes. I'm not quite sure if it's because the architecture is different these days or if the artists who do the murals are just getting better or if the chandlers are just getting more amazing, but it really is a beautiful temple. Another nice thing about our trip is that Grandma got up with Ben in the mornings so she could have some snuggle time with him. I think they fell back asleep a couple of times while enjoying each others company. And the final big to-do on our trip was to get my hair cut. It has been driving my crazy and Benjamin was starting to pull at it so I decided to chop it off. It felt good to have it cut and feel fresh. I feel like a new woman. Now that we are back and settling into reality Ben and I have come to the conclusion that we miss Jon. It was nice being able to spend so much time with him while we were out in Idaho. Ben was constantly playing with Jon and it was nice to have him around helping out with Ben when he was being a little stinker. I think it's nice to have these "family vacations" I realize how much I love my little family. Thanks for having us Mom and Van. It was great seeing you and some of the family. It was a nice vacation, but it's nice to be home. We also miss you during the day Jon, we're glad your our husband and daddy.

1 comment:

Jennie said...

i talked to your mom earlier this week and she said that you were able to visit for awhile! how great!

it looks like you all had a wonderful time!