Friday, January 4, 2008

First Hair Cut

Despite the plea of many of the Grandparents, Benjamin got his first haircut. Awhile ago we were at a restaurant and a lady mentioned to Jon what a well-behave little GIRL we had. He took that as a sign that we needed to do something about Ben's hair so people would know that he is a boy. So on the first of this year Ben got his first haircut. I was a little nervous because I have never done a small boy who moves all the time and used scissors. I usually use the clippers to do Jon's hair so this was different. Now all of his baby hair is gone. It feels a lot thicker and the really blonde hairs are gone. He looks a little older then he did before. His curls are gone but he still has a little wave to it so I think that the curls will grow back. He is still a handsome little devil.



5 comments:

cherlyn and family said...

Cute son and cute haircut.

Jennie said...

he looks great!

i remember when my little brother was about 1 1/2 years old his hair was a little long... my mom had just joined the church and had a pretty good relationship with the bishop of her ward... when he started bringing barretts to church for my brother, my mom decided it was time for the cut... lol!

thanks for sharing this great moment with us!

Bown Fam said...

So you have any tips for cutting kids hair? Carson will need it soon.

woodfamily said...

All I did was put him in the high chair with toys and a little something to eat. I think it took many stages to cut his hair because I did some touch up while he was playing in his room.

Jennie said...

i have to say that the first pic of him looks EXACTLY like you!

love it!