Thursday, September 10, 2009

Preschool

Benjamin started preschool 3 weeks ago. It has taken some time for him to get use to the routine. I think if we hadn't gone on our trip to Idaho before hand he would have adjusted a lot better sooner. He is finally starting to be okay with me dropping him off and not grabbing my leg or sobbing as I say good-bye. The best option for us down here in San Antonio, for a preschool, was to have him attend a Christian School. We have been working on his colors and he is starting to show progress in knowing them. I just found out that my Dad is colorblind so we think he might be colorblind with a few colors. He seems to be mixing up his reds and blues. He is also learning "bible verses". He has just finished memorizing his first, Genesis 1:1. When I pick him up from school he says how much fun he always has, the first thing is usually playing with the toys and as the days have gone on he has talked about playdough and even started singing new songs at home. I am hoping this will be a good experience for him and that he learns to love it. It will be a big help when the new baby comes and he has something of his own to do.

1 comment:

Shelly said...

Oh, Ben is so adorable. I miss you guys. You look awesome. Also, I love the poop story. I can just see the whole thing going down and it cracks me up. I am glad you are able to laugh about it. Anyway, I know I still have a bunch of pictures to get to you. I've not forgotten, I just a little flighty these days. Sorry about that. I hope everything is going well and that you're happy and loving your new adventure in TX.