Monday, October 5, 2009

Devine Acres

Over the weekend we took Benjamin to a place called Devine Acres. It was about a 40 minute drive away. They were having a special for military families. We got half off the regular price, which then made the whole experience worth it. They had all sorts of activities for kids to do. They had a barrel ride which only Jon and Ben went on, I didn't think I would be able to get into the barrel. They had a whole bunch of pumpkins that you could purchase and then paint, we decided to wait on the pumpkins so that we could maybe carve a couple with Ben. They also had this duck race stand where you pump the water and make the ducks float down, Ben loved this activity. They also had a little miniature golf coarse which Ben and I competed. I technically won, but Ben would hit it once and then move the ball right to the whole and hit it in. They had several mazes for the kids to run around and a big playground with lots of sand. We were also able to do a little catch and release fishing. Ben was able to catch a fish and was pretty proud of himself, until I caught a bigger one. He was a little scared of it, Jon tried to get him to touch it but he wouldn't. They also had farm animals you could feed, hoarse shoes, and my favorite, marsh- mallow roasting. It had been awhile since I've done that so I had about 8, I think Jon had a few and Ben had about 5. It was great! We had fun, but I don't think we would pay full price to go. It might become a yearly thing for us when they have the military discount. Ben was able to run around and get a lot of his energy out. When we left we asked if he has fun, he said yes, plus it was nice to get away and do something as a family.

1 comment:

Emily Reese said...

Looks like a good time. The half shot of your belly looks cute, I hope you are feeling well, you are almost there. Em