Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Free Freezer!

I went to the Grocery store on base yesterday. I had been debating whether to go all the way out there or go to the local store nearby. Since Jon was home studying for boards I decided to head out to the base to give him more quiet time without the kids. I was almost done with the groceries when 2 ladies stopped me and asked if I wanted a freezer. I told them I would love one, but couldn't afford one right now. They then told me it was my lucky day because they were giving it away for free. I asked them what the catch was and they said there wasn't one. I just needed to get it home myself. I debated whether to grab the opportunity or not, wondering what Jon would think. So I said yes. I came home and called a friend to see if I could borrow her van. She was gracious enough and I went and picked it up. It was really weird driving away with a freezer in the back and not having to pay a cent for it. It's a nice one too. I looked it up and this would cost me about $300 if I went out and bought it. I figured I was being blessed for paying tithing and whatever other good things I've been trying to do. Now I just need to fill it up!

2 comments:

Dakin said...

I LOVE having an extra freezer. Mine is small, but it stores so much. I can buy meat on sale. I stock up in fruit and veggies. I freeze bread. I make freezer jam. In the summer I supply the otter pops. Life is good with an extra freezer.

Bown Fam said...

First off congrats on the baby!! He is very cute and very small. Two is deffinatly different. I am jealous of your freezer. We want one soooooo bad!! very nice!!