Tuesday, May 10, 2011
Randoms - February 2011
This month has been a whirlwind. The consensuses with the sleep study is that YES, Benjamin does need his tonsils removed. He was waking up 6-7 times every hour and his oxygen level was dropping down to 90%. Therefore, he needs them out so he can sleep and breath better at night. Ben has his tonsils removed on February 9th. He did well. He was all excited when we got to the hospital. We had bought him new pajamas to wear to the hospital. He has to change into the PJ's the hospital provides when we got their, but he seemed excited about that. He was a champ when they came to get him and wheel him off for surgery. It did help that the anesthesiologist had Toy Story playing on his IPhone and had Ben pretend that we was Buzz Light Year and put the breathing mask over his mouth and nose. After surgery he did well with a few whimpers coming out of the anesthetic. I think he enjoyed being able to sit around the house, watch as much TV as he wanted and eat all the popsicles and pudding he wanted. The third day was the hardest, but we got him some Tylenol 3 and he did better. He was back in school a little over a week later and has been breathing and sleeping better since.
When living in Texas we hardly see any snow. Something I am very grateful for at this time in my life. Benjamin had been asking about snow for awhile and I tried to explain that it didn't snow and he wouldn't see any for awhile. Low and behold it got cold enough to snow. It was more like an ice storm, but nonetheless we did see snow. It was Andrew's first encounter with snow. He wasn't quiet sure what to make of it. I think it confused him a little to touch something so cold. The snow didn't last long. It had melted within a few hours.



Ben has now been learning to ride his bike for a few months. It's been a little slow trying to teach him. He seems to get discouraged and easily frustrated when he can't do it right away. We keep trying to tell him that he has to make those muscles strong so it will become easier and the only way to do that is if he keeps trying. I'm sure with more practice it'll become easier for him and he'll get less frustrated.

Earlier this month we headed to Enchanted Rock State Park. Jon wanted to go out and do something as a family before Ben had his tonsils removed and we were housebound for awhile. It was pretty cool. Benjamin did great walking and climbing all on his own. It's great being able to watch him grow and be able to do more and more things on his own. Andrew of course needed a little extra help and was carried several times by Jon. Ben tried to help him along the way too, but I'm not quiet sure if Andrew wanted his help or not. On the way home we came across stopped traffic due to a wildfire that was caused by a car that had caught on fire. We were only stopped for a short while since the firemen had contained it, but it did make for some cool pictures. Also, little did I know at the time, but was wondering, we found out that we were expecting our third child. I'm due October 10, 2011. I've been feeling good so far, but I am sure that the morning sickness will come in time. We are excited to welcome baby number 3.







Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment