[Picture to come soon]
I tried to stay as calm as I could as I asked, "WHO CUT THE TREE!!!" Ben went instantly quiet, which I knew that for sure it was him. He then tried to blame Andrew. I asked Ben where the clippers were and he pointed to the roof of the porch. I could see them sticking out of the rain gutter. I asked who threw them up there and he instantly said Andrew, which I believe because he's got quite the throw and if Ben was using them he may have wanted to try and take them away and throw them so Ben couldn't get them. Anyway, it took awhile to get it out of Ben that he was the one who trimmed the tree. He didn't want to get into trouble so he was trying not to admit it, but then with a threat of putting soap in his mouth for lying he finally told the truth. I didn't know what to do so I made him pick up the trimmings, but in his pajama's and then sit on his bed until Jon came home. I wasn't sure what Jon's reaction would be so I didn't know if I should extend the punishment and what with. I was a little surprised when he came home and laughed about it. We couldn't think of any further punishment for Ben. I think I handled it well, especially when he was recently told by both Jon and I not to use the clippers or clip anything. Is this normal for little boys?
No comments:
Post a Comment