Sunday, November 6, 2011
Andrew Enters the Terrible Two's
Andrew turned 2 this month. Grandma and Grandpa Christensen were in town but were leaving on his actual birthday so we celebrated it on the Saturday. Jon made a good point once that when the kids open their presents at night then if there is assembly required they usually don't get to play with their toys. So we had breakfast, I made Monkey bread, and then we opened presents. He got a fun car garage from Grandma and Grandpa Andreas, which he loves. We got him a Mickey Mouse since he loved playing with Ben's and then instead of having a party we got him a small trampoline. He loves to jump and now he can have somewhere to jump other then his bed or the couch. Later that night we actually had people over to bless Samuel, so we also had cake with a few of Andrew's friends and their families. I have a friend, Krista Faulkner, who is amazingly talented. I saw on her blog that she made this cool Monkey cake. I just had to copy. Her's is cuter of course, she has a nifty machine to help her out, but I was pleased with the way Andrew's cake turned out. He loved it too. I think he had seconds and maybe thirds. When it was time to blow out the candles he knew exactly what to do. I had Jon relight them so I could get a picture because he was too fast with his blowing. We love having Andrew in our family. He is a joy and quiet the boy. He is so adventurous. If any of our children will be spending time in the ER, I think it will be him. He seems to have no fear and is willing to try anything Ben is doing and beyond. He is a very happy child. You can just look at him and he will smile at you a great big grin. He's a big solid boy. He's bigger then most of his little friends, and younger then them. I'm sure they'll catch up. He loves books. I love that he wants to sit and read a book with me every now and then. He can easily entertain himself, which is great. He loves his brothers. He loves to come up and give Samuel a kiss every now and then. He is in speech, which is slowly coming along. He understands us perfectly, and most things we can understand what he wants when he points, but there are times I could guess 100 things and still not know what he wants. He makes this noise...I just need to get that on video so I can show it to him one day. He loves music. Every time we get into the car he points to the CD player and makes his noise. We are so grateful to have him in our family. He is a wonderful addition and we love him. Happy 2nd Birthday Andrew!








Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
the cake turned out great!
Post a Comment