Jon had been wanting to take Benjamin in the backyard and go camping. So he bought a tent and when it was finally cool enough he set it up in the backyard, blew up the air mattress, waited until dark, and took Ben camping. It didn't get dark till about 9:30 or so. We let Ben stay up and watch a movie, and then the two headed outside. Ben got so excited that he was jumping all over the place. He kept playing with the flashlight and talking with Jon. I headed to bed around 10:30 and I couldn't hear anymore noise. Jon didn't sleep well, the air mattress leaked. And then early that morning a noisy car left the neighborhood which woke Ben up. They were both tired the next day, but it seemed worth it to Ben to spend time with his dad doing something different. We'll see how many more camping adventures these two have together.
Monday, November 1, 2010
Randoms - September 2010
September flew by for us. With me starting up Seminary again, and Benjamin starting up school we were pretty busy with those. On weekends we would either do to Six Flags or Sea World, but the month was pretty uneventful. Jon and I both celebrated our Birthdays. I hit the milestone of 30. It felt like overnight I started to feel old. I still don't know what to think, or how I feel about this age. Starting a new decade. Hmmm. Jon turned 32. It's amazing that as you get older birthdays don't seem to really matter. Since we didn't know what we each wanted to get for our birthdays, we both gave each other money. Mine was in a form of a gift card and Jon just transferred money over to his savings account. We are such boring people I told Jon.


Jon had been wanting to take Benjamin in the backyard and go camping. So he bought a tent and when it was finally cool enough he set it up in the backyard, blew up the air mattress, waited until dark, and took Ben camping. It didn't get dark till about 9:30 or so. We let Ben stay up and watch a movie, and then the two headed outside. Ben got so excited that he was jumping all over the place. He kept playing with the flashlight and talking with Jon. I headed to bed around 10:30 and I couldn't hear anymore noise. Jon didn't sleep well, the air mattress leaked. And then early that morning a noisy car left the neighborhood which woke Ben up. They were both tired the next day, but it seemed worth it to Ben to spend time with his dad doing something different. We'll see how many more camping adventures these two have together.


Jon had been wanting to take Benjamin in the backyard and go camping. So he bought a tent and when it was finally cool enough he set it up in the backyard, blew up the air mattress, waited until dark, and took Ben camping. It didn't get dark till about 9:30 or so. We let Ben stay up and watch a movie, and then the two headed outside. Ben got so excited that he was jumping all over the place. He kept playing with the flashlight and talking with Jon. I headed to bed around 10:30 and I couldn't hear anymore noise. Jon didn't sleep well, the air mattress leaked. And then early that morning a noisy car left the neighborhood which woke Ben up. They were both tired the next day, but it seemed worth it to Ben to spend time with his dad doing something different. We'll see how many more camping adventures these two have together.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment