
I can't believe that a year has gone by and that Andrew is 1! His birthday was uneventful. We went to church and when we came home he, or should I say Benjamin,

opened presents. Jon wanted him to be able to play with them for awhile before he went for a nap or to bed for the evening. He mostly just stared as Ben opened the

presents and even cried a little when he heard the paper ripping. He seemed to interact with most of them before he got tired and went down for a nap. After dinner we sang Happy Birthday and had cake. I made his little cake out of cupcakes. I probably should have experiment before actually doing his cake, but he's only one so I figured he wouldn't be too judgmental. I tried a new thing called poured fondant, it was a little too hot and the buttercream and part of the cake melted so it was a little

lopsided. Plus, I was in a terrible mood, struggling mentally with some Seminary issues, so when I was decorating the cake, it showed. Overall it turned out pretty cute, and I don't think Andrew really cared or even noticed. He just cared about eating it. He chowed that thing down and LOVED it. I think he wanted more, but we didn't want him on a sugar high, or too much of one, before bed. Being Halloween, and Sunday, we did dress the boys up and went and did a little trick-or-treating. By the

time the day was over Andrew went to bed exhausted! We are glad to have him in our family. He's been a joy. Happy Birthday Andrew!
No comments:
Post a Comment