Wednesday, January 5, 2011
Christmas
Christmas was...interesting. We spent Christmas Eve hanging out and then went to a friends house, the Hansens, for dinner. We later did the nativity story and dessert with the Hansens, Coombs, Bradys, and the Fullers. Benjamin got to be a wisemen. I don't think he really knew what was going on except that he got to wear a crown. We came home, put the boys in their Christmas pajamas and put them to bed. Ben had such a hard time going to bed. I think he was so excited that he didn't want to go to sleep, but Jon and I weren't feeling well and wanted to go to bed, so we put Ben to bed crying. Jon, Andrew, and I all ended up with the stomach flu. Christmas morning Ben was so excited because Santa had come. Andrew was still sleeping so we ended up starting without him. I wanted to enjoy Ben's excitement so much, but it was hard being sick. Ben basically got to do whatever he wanted. I think he only ate candy that day, he was naked most of the day, and he played with his new toys while watching tv. The funny thing about Ben and his presents is he would open one and then play for awhile(usually 30 minutes or more) before opening something else. It took him well over 6 hours to open most of the stuff under the tree and even then we were still opening presents a few days later. It makes me happy that he can be happy with one thing for so long and not feel like he needs to open all his stuff. We wanted to put him in soccer this year, so he mostly got his soccer stuff, and then a few toys and money from grandparents. It was funny with his soccer stuff. He was with us when we bought his shoes, shorts and socks, when he opened them he said, "Look what Santa got me." We told him that it was from mom and dad, but he was insistent that Santa had gone to the store to get them. How naive. Poor Andrew was sick with Jon and I, that he slept most of the day, didn't eat anything, and layed on Jon and I most of the day. What a sad pathetic little group we were. After we were feeling much better later the day after, we were able to start enjoying each other and play with our new toys together. WARNING: PHOTO OVERLOAD!






















Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment