Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Oh, Christmas Tree!

I hate to admit this, and told Jon that some things were to be kept as a secret, but since I use this blog as a journal I thought it best for my posterity to learn from our mistake. We got a real tree for Christmas this year the Saturday after Thanksgiving. I wanted to get all of the decorating done before Seminary started up again. The tree was beautiful! Well, as the days, and then weeks went by Jon and I both noticed that the tree started to look a little sad. Finally Jon asked if I had been watering the tree. Jon and I had both been busy, and just didn't think about watering the tree. After much thought and debate Jon felt it best that we didn't have such a sad looking tree for Christmas, so out we went a few days before Christmas and got ourselves a new tree. So even though we didn't intend to we ended up with 2 trees this year. We still wonder if we will learn from our mistake and water our trees in the future or if we are doomed for a fake tree. We'll see what the future holds. (First tree is our sad, dead tree. Second tree is our replacement)

No comments: