Sunday, September 18, 2011

Kindergarten

Benjamin started Kindergarten this year. I was really nervous for school to start. The last two years have been very difficult for him with school. When we first moved to Texas we put him pre-school to let him have something to do since we were expecting a new baby and we didn't want him to feel left out. He cried for the first few days, but even up till the last day of school I still had to walk him to his class and give him a hug and kiss, which is fine, but then I had to watch him hang up his backpack and take out his folder and then he would let me go. Pre-Kindergarten the following year was very similar. Except he cried almost every morning, I would have to watch him line up and then watch him walk to the classroom with his class. Every time we had a break, whether it was Christmas, Spring Break, when he had surgery, or sometimes a three day weekend we would start all over again with the tears. So I was very nervous this year. But much to my surprise, Ben has grown up. He has not cried once since I've dropped him off. He gives us all our hugs and kisses and then walks right into the classroom. I was shocked! He is loving school so far. He jumps out of bed in the mornings and is excited to go to school. I hope the great energy continues through the rest of the school year. It'll be neat to see how he changes this school year and how he grows and develops academically.

No comments: