Sunday, September 18, 2011

New Hampshire Visit

Since this was the summer of visiting Grandparents, we headed to New Hampshire in August. Jon had a week of night float so it was just the boys and I this trip. Jon's mom, Lark, had 3 passes for Southwest, which she let us use. It was great to have a seat for both boys, even though Andrew is still concidered a lap child. The flight up went pretty smooth. We stopped in Tampa. They had a little play area near the gate so the boys were able to stay busy before another flight. The flight on the way home was another story. Our lay over was through Chicago...I will never go through Chicago with kids again. They have no play area, anywhere. I'd rather go through Baltimore or Tampa again. We had a 3 hour layover, but our flight was a little late, which was fine but then our next flight kept getting delayed. I think it ended up being an extra 2 hours, and with tired boys who just want to run around or lay on the floor is very hard. Me being 7 months pregnant didn't help either. But we eventually made it home. Jon will have to come next time, I don't think I'll be able to do this by myself with 3 kids. Anyway, our trip was fun. We were there for 2 weeks. The weather was nice, and the boys had a great time. They have an amusement park near by that is geared towards little kids, which Lark bought Benjamin and I season tickets for. I think we ended up going 4 or 5 times. It seemed to either be and overcast day or just a rainy day when we would go. But the boys still liked being able to ride the rides. They did have a little water park which Ben and cousin Sabrina would go and play in. Sometimes Andrew would, but he was a little unsure of it and mostly stayed with me or grandma. They had real reindeer there which Andrew loved feeding. Almost every time we went I would take him over to feed the reindeer while Ben and Sabrina rode a ride Andrew wasn't able to. And of course, the kids were spoiled by Grandma with junk (cottoncandy) and slushes everytime we went and were very sticky by the end of the day. Plus, they were usually ready for a nap (Andrew) or quiet time (Ben) by the time we got home. When we had originally made plans of me flying out with the boys I didn't know I was pregnant. I was looking forward to going to Santa's Village and riding the rides with Ben. The last time I went I was pregnant with Andrew and couldn't ride any of the rides. This time I was even more pregnant and was limited to what I could do. Maybe next time we go I won't be pregnant and get to enjoy in the fun of the rides. While we were in New Hampshire we also went and took a ride on the local train. I guess it's pretty easy to entertain boys, just put them on a train and they will be happy for an hour. We also went to a near by...pond, I think that's what they called it. They had fun playing in the sand and Ben really enjoyed the water. The water was chilly, especially when I'm use to bath water for a pool or beach living in Texas. Andrew of course enjoyed eating the sand. Grandma and Grandpa Andreas have a bounce house that they took out a couple of times to let the kids jump around. Ben loved it! Lark had been trying to convince me for awhile to get one. Seeing that it is fairly easy to put up and take down, I think I might consider it. And of course, their dogs. Andrew loved them! He tried to feed them, he would pet them, let them lick him, and he would even chase them. I really think a dog is in his future, but at this time I don't think I could handle one. Maybe when I don't have to change diapers anymore. It was great being able to see Jon's parents. Unfortunately, Jon's Dad was only around for a few days while we were there. We went over and swan in his pool and then he and Carolyn took the boys for a day before they headed for an Alaskan Cruise. It was still nice to see them before they headed off. Thanks lark for making this trip possible. We really enjoyed it!

No comments: