Thursday, July 28, 2011

Canada Visit


Since it had been awhile since I saw Dad and Jan we headed up to Canada for a visit. My sister Lisa and her two kids joined us. Originally we had made plans to borrow my brothers Highlander to take us all up, but plans changed and we ended up borrowing a van from Michael and Kelly (Van's son). We pushed ourselves and made it up in one day. By the end everyone was very tired and warn out. It wasn't the best trip up to Dad and Jan's. I think with me being pregnant and Lisa having a 4 month old that screams all the time and no sleep emotions were sensitive. Both of our kids were on different time/sleep schedules and were waking each other up. Benjamin and Tavia could be the best of friends, but the worst of enemies too. This has always been a difficult thing for our family. We just can't seem to be in closed quarters for too long. The next time I visit Dad and Jan it will be just my little family. However, we tried to make the best of it and were able to have some fun times. Dad would work in the mornings and then come home and spend the afternoons with us. We went to several of the local parks, even the splash pad. Even though it was cold, especially since it was 100 degree weather in Texas, we went to the lake a couple times. Dad also took us on the local steam train. The boys loved it. I haven't seem Andrew this quiet in a long time, just taking in the adventure of riding a train. The boys had a great time. They especially enjoyed playing with their dog Taz. I think I have pet children on my hands. Overall it was a good visit. It was the first time that Dad and Jan saw Andrew.

No comments: