It's been a very busy month with Easter, finding out what we are having and school coming to a close soon. Easter was fun this year. We decided to do an Easter Egg hunt in the back yard. Note to self: Hide eggs early in the morning not at night before you go to bed. Some of the eggs had ants or other bugs in them. And as usual Jon's mom, Lark, sent Easter outfits for the boys. She got Ben's from The Wooden Soldier, which are always so cute. He looks so grown up and handsome. Thank you Lark!
And finally with school coming to a close, so is Seminary for me. Earlier this year I was feeling a little burned out with Seminary. I have enjoyed teaching, but sometimes I just got frustrated. I felt like I put all of this work into planning my lessons and then they either don't come across like I wanted or the kids just seem bored and uninterested. So I kept trying to decide if I wanted to teach again next year. I had come to the decision that if I was asked if I wanted to continue I would say no and if I wasn't asked I would just continue to teach. But then I found out I was pregnant and that made my decision even easier. We started out with several students at the beginning of the year and I ended with 5 consistent kids. I had three seniors graduate this year. Sometimes I would have the other class, which was crazy sometimes, but I know the kids liked it. And then there were times we had one or two extra bodies. Ben and sometimes Andrew would wake up and join the class. In the mornings Ben would ask if the Seminary kids came, if he had slept in or it was the weekend. Even into the summer he would ask. Seminary was a great opportunity for me to get into the scriptures. We studied the Doctrine and Covenants this year and I had never realized how great it was. There is so much information about the restoration in there that my testimony about the Restoration and the gospel grew. I would get so excited about the gospel while preparing my lessons I would only hope that the kids could see and share that same excitement with me. I am so grateful for the gospel and the happiness that it brings me. I know that it is true and that we have a very loving Heavenly Father who has made this possible. I have a hard time sharing my testimony with others, but maybe in writing people will know that I know that the Church of Jesus Christ is on the earth and that it is true.
No comments:
Post a Comment