Thursday, July 28, 2011

Idaho Visit


Since it's been awhile since I've been back home the boys and I ventured off to Idaho. We flew my mom in and she drove with us back to Idaho. Jon later flew out and drove back home with us. Both times we were able to make the trip in two days. It was a little bit of a push and the boys were glad to be done at the end, but over all they did great. Ben just watched a lot of movies and Andrew just ate a lot of junk. When we got to Idaho we took a few days to relax before heading up to Canada. Lisa came over with Tavia and Gabrielle. Ben was entertained greatly by Tavia and Andrew sometimes ventured off with them. But they both loved the baby and were so good with him. It gives me great hope that they will love, and be as gentle with our baby as they are with Gabrielle. While we were there Lisa and Josh blessed their baby. It was nice getting to be there for is. After I took pictures for them and Ben wanted pictures of him as well. I love the shot I got of him chewing on his tie. He constantly has something in his mouth. And what is a trip to Grandma and Grandpa Christen without going to see Grandpa's truck. We took the boys out and they loved playing in it. Ben even got to honk the horn, which he thought was really cool. We spent the 4th of July in Idaho. Jon was able to make it out for this holiday. We had a little BBQ and then went to one of the elementary schools to watch the fireworks. I'm not sure if I built them up too much for Jon and he was disappointed or not, but I sure did enjoy being back for the show. They are the best I have ever seen, but yet I haven't been to Disney World or New York to see fireworks. Ben loved his flag so much that he went to sleep with it that night. It was a great trip and I'm glad I went. When I had originally planned the trip I wasn't planning on being pregnant. That made it a little more difficult getting around and the sensitive emotions. Next time I go I hopefully won't be pregnant.

No comments: