
On Halloween most people where getting ready to take their kids out Trick-or-Treating. I on the other hand was having a baby! Andrew Ian Wood was born at 12:57. He was 7lbs 50z and 20in. Everything went well. I went for my routine appointment on Friday and was told I was "closed shut" so after taking castor oil before I went to bed at 4 in the morning I went into labor. I tried to hold off as long as I could before going into the hospital since the last time after only being in labor for 4 hours I was only dialated to a 1. However, when that 4 hour mark came I couldn't hold off. Jon and I went to the hospital and when I was checked I was at a 4. I was so happy to hear that. Obviously, this was going a lot faster then when I went into labor with Benjamin. They thought I was going to go fast and probably wouldn't be able to get an epidural. But since I was very persistent on wanting one they went through the motions to getting me one. They had to check me one last time before they would let me have it to make sure I wasn't too far along. Thank goodness I was only at a 6. Even though the nurses and Jon said I could do it without one (apparently they thought I was handling labor well-I didn't think so), I got my epidural and was able to enjoy the rest of the experience. About 2 hours after getting it I was ready to push. Since I was GBS positive I tried to hold off to the 4 four mark so I could have the option of going home after 24 hours if I wanted. When that time came I said I needed to push, they broke my water and 3 or 4 pushes later Andrew was here. I was amazed, and proud of myself, at how fast this went compared to Ben and how I was able to push a lot better compared to the 2 hours with Ben. Recovering has been so much better as well. We are so happy to have Andrew in our family. We look forward to watching him grow and see what kind of a person he is. Welcome to our family Andrew!
9 comments:
Congratulations! He's perfect!
Andrew is very handsome. congratulations! Em
yay!! congrats! how come everybody i know is having boys right now...
Congratulations Aimee & Jon & Ben. We can't wait to meet him.
Congrats to your beautiful family. I'm so happy that Ben has a brother. Sweet buddies they will be. Much love from Boston.
Congratulations! I'm so happy for you. I love the name. I'm glad that you're doing well and I hope Benjamin adjusts well!
Congratulations!!!!
He is so cute! I am so glad that labor went so well this time. Wish we could just walk next door and bring you something good to eat.
OH yay I'm so happy for you!! Congratulations!!
Post a Comment