

Andrew had a little accident yesterday, which lead us to the Emergency Department. Jon and Benjamin were out
home teaching and Andrew was at home with me. I decided to take a break from preparing my lesson for Seminary and play with Andrew. He has been walking with confidence for over a week now and was walking towards our train table when he lost his balance, caught the edge of my foot, and fell into the table. I didn't catch him in time and as you can see from the pictures he made contact. Since Jon was gone I took him over to a friends to see what he thought about taking him in for stitches. He thought he would be fine, but when Jon got home he was concerned and thought it needed to be looked at, especially since it was on his, he thought it might need stitches. So on an adventure I went. I don't know all the rules with military health care so after an hour or so we ended up at the hospital. We were seen right away and given the option of glue or stitches. Since they
sedate kids at the hospital for stitches and I would have been there a lot longer I opted for the glue. Cosmetically, they are about the same. It just takes longer to heal with the glue. Andrew wasn't a fan, even though they numbed it a little. He didn't like being held down. But all is well. We just have to keep sunscreen or a hat on him whenever we are outside for the next 6 months. Poor little guy. I hope he doesn't have to go through too many of these, because he does not handle pain well, unlike Benjamin who seems to have a high pain tolerance.
Despite the
incident he seems to be in good spirits.
3 comments:
So sad! He looks super tough with his battle wound. Em
Poor little guy. He sounds like Carson. Carson sees the nurse and he screams. A nurse came to his preschool class and his teacher said it was a traumatic day for him.
Good thing he still looks pretty happy in those pictures :)
Post a Comment