Saturday, August 30, 2008

Bumps, Bruises and Deep Cuts

Benjamin's last week in Penticton at Grandma and Grandpa Canton's was not the best week for accidents. Ben has learned how to go down stairs one at a time without holding onto a rail or someones hand. He was going down the balcony stairs when he lost his footing and fell on the the concrete. He bumped his head and got a little bump and bruise. It was amazing how fast it healed. It was completely gone within a few days. After he healed from this accident Ben and I were at swimming lessons. After class I had stripped him of his clothes and wrapped him in a towel to warm him up. I was standing behind him wringing out his clothes when I looked over and saw him starting to scoot off the bench. I reached towards him and missed by a second when he fell onto the concrete with his face. Poor little guy was crying and I was looking for blood. At first I couldn't see anything and then he opened his mouth. I tried to find the cut when I saw a huge cut in his lip. Thank goodness another mother came to my rescue. I started crying because I didn't know what to think, we were so far away from home, not even in the same country and I wasn't sure if our insurance would cover Ben if we needed to go to the hospital. Thank goodness the nice lady helped me call Jan who then called my Dad to come and help me. A lifeguard came and helped get the bleeding stopped. And thank goodness there was a dentist in the ward that Jan called and he looked at Ben to make sure his teeth were ok and that he didn't need stitches. Poor little guy had his lip sticking out for a couple days because of the pain and has been drolling because he won't close his mouth all the way. But he his healing fine now and all is well. Thank goodness children heal quickly. With all our little accidents this past week I have a feeling that Ben may be accident pron and we may be having many trips in the future to the doctors.


No comments: