Thursday, August 14, 2008

Mt. Rainier

We'll Benjamin and I made it to Seattle safe and sound. Not much to complain about except for the hour delay, which was in the airplane and which Ben slept through. But once we were in the air he was wide awake the whole way to Seattle. However he did fall asleep the last 30 minutes and I got to wheel him through the airport with his new "wheels" which we hooked onto his car seat. It has been great seeing the old area. I will admit it is much different being there then when I was a missionary. Ben and I went with Grandma and Grandpa Canton up to Seattle on Friday and walked around, too bad I forgot my camera. Jon had Saturday off so we drove up to Mt. Rainier for the day. We went to a place called Paradise and hiked a couple of the different trails. It really was beautiful. Grandma wanted to spoil Benjamin at the local gifts shop and found a cute "Ranger" Vest for Ben. We bought him the matching hat. Ben seemed to have a good time walking, or should I say running the trails, picking at the rocks, and just being cute. Grandma and Grandpa seemed to enjoy being with him and seeing the place where Jon and I once served.

No comments: