
Wednesday we were ready for yet another adventure before we headed back to Rochester. We hot up and headed over to go see the Statue of Liberty and Elise

Island. I am so glad we id through the Jersey side. We drove over to the Liberty Park, walked straight up to the ticket booth, through security, and onto the boat. Benjamin was excited to go onto the boat. Our first stop was Elise Island. We got off the boat and were told that the boats left every half hour. I was thinking that we probably would be able to walk around for an hour. Was I ever wrong. I think that Ben knew what was going on and had enough the last two days so he started acting out. Thank goodness we

didn't miss the first boat that was leaving. So needless to say we walked around for 30 minutes, got on the boat, got to the Statue of Liberty, walked around the Island

quickly, and got on the next boat which left 30 minutes after we got off. Ben was mostly interested in a leaf and standing by the fence with Jon then looking at the Statue of Liberty. I tried to get pictures of the two together next to the Statue of Liberty but Ben didn't want to be picked up which made us leave the Island quicker. However, I got the pictures that I wanted though. We then got in the car and headed back home. It was a good trip. I'm glad we did and have no regrets. But yes, I will say it was more difficult doing it with a 2 year old then it would have doing it with just Jon and I.
1 comment:
Hi Aimee. Looks like you are having fun. If you remember my friend Steph Marston. She lives in Brooklyn. Small world. Take care. Melody
Post a Comment