Sunday, August 3, 2008

Happy Birthday Benjamin

Benjamin recently celebrated his 2nd Birthday. It's hard to believe that the two years have flown by. It seems like yesterday that he came into the world. And now he seems to be wanting to conquer it as much as he can, even though he's just 2. Terrible you ask, yes they are getting there. He seems more independent then ever and stubborn too. Overall, I think he had a good birthday. We went for our morning walk as usual. Later, he was a good sport while our friends Emily and Connor went with us to Waterloo. Or should I say that Ben and Conner went with Emily and I. Grandpa Andreas had given Ben money for shoes to go along with his new clothes that she sent. Thank you Lark for keeping our son well dressed. After we came home, I had high hopes of nap-time, but the Thunderbird's were in town and flying over the complex which scared Ben half to death. So we gave him another gift that Grandma and Grandpa Andreas got him...A new wagon. He just loves pulling it and being pulled in it. You can't really tell by the picture. He was scared of the jets flying over head and very tired. Later we had a wonderful dinner of Hot Dogs! Ben's favorite. He's starting to say, "Hot dog" it's so cute. Later he opened more of his gifts. What a spoiled little boy. Grandma and Grandpa Andreas sure did spoil him. Along with shoes and a wagon, they got him a new bike. He's attempted it a couple times, but loves to push it around the kitchen or outside for now. He also got $15 from Grandma and Grandpa Christensen which we put in his mission fund. And cards from Grandma's and Grandpa's Wood and Canton. Thanks you too all the Grandparents. We really appreciate it. Jon and I got him a Mr. Potatoe head, which I found at a garage sale for $3 while on a walk one morning. We also got him Thomas the Train DVD, Books, and none other then CARS! He was so excited about the cars. Just look at his face when he saw them and how many there where. After that I couldn't get a picture because he was so excited and moving around they all turned out blurry. Later some friends came over and we had cake and Ice cream. I don't know if he even really knows what went on that day, but we are glad that we could celebrate it with him. We sure do love you Ben and are glad that you are in our little family. You make us smile everyday with you great personality. Happy 2nd Birthday Benjamin!

2 comments:

Emily Reese said...

Love that big green wagon! Love, Emily

Wendy said...

I can't believe it's been 2 years! He's adorable though! I'm glad that you had a fun day, and again...I'm excited to see you!