
Monday we woke up around 8:30 after a rough night sleep. After a very expensive breakfast at the hotel we took the train into Manhattan. We then took the subway to the Natural Museum of History. Ben loved riding the train and Subway. It was a little harder then we thought to control Ben in the muesum. He just wanted to walk everywhere as fast as he could. I was hardley able to get a picture of him with the Dinosaures.

Finally Jon grabed him and put him on his shoulders. This would have worked out great, but a security guy came up to us and said it was museum rules that he couldn't be on the shoulders. So we let him run wild for a little bit. I must say, it was the fastest I had ever been through a Museum. I was kinda missing the Strong Museum of Play at that time. After the Museum we to the subway to Central Park. We got hot dogs for lunch, Ben was able to run around and get some energy out. We then had a little cold treat to cool us down. I was amazed at all the huge

rocks in Central Park. We only got throught a quarter of the Park. Apparently there is a lot more to see, including a Zoo.

After Central Park we headed over the FAO Schwartz. Ben loved looking at all the toys and even being able to play with several of them. We told him if he was a good boy we would buy him a little toy. We ended up getting him a

slinky. After FAO we walked and walked some more. Ben did a good job holding hands and walking. We saw Trump Tour, Tiffany's, and some other "sites" along the way. After a long day we headed back to the hotel, swam, went to dinner, and on the stroller ride back Ben fell asleep.

The night would have ended fine with Ben in the crib when all of a sudden at 11pm lights started flashing and a weird noise was buzzing. I thought it was the fire alarm, or I wasn't quiet sure what was happening since it woke me up. We were in a handicap room which had a door bell for deaf people. So with the lights flashing and a weird siren noise going off Ben was scared. He was shaking pretty hard and his poor little heart was beating so fast. No amount of comfort was going to calm him down enough to sleep in his bed so he ended up in our bed for the rest of the night. With little feet and a small head in the back, head, armpit or neck Jon and I didn't get much sleep that night.
5 comments:
What a fun trip! Bravo for doing it with a two-year-old! That's too bad about the scary noises in your room. The fire alarm has gone off in our apartment three times since we've moved here and Josh now has a deep-rooted fear of "beeps."
WOW! I've never slept in a handicapt room before. What an experience! Poor you and Jon. You are probably still catching up on your sleep!
Wow...
Wow...
Sounds like you had a fun trip! And an adventurous son! I'm glad you had a family vacation though!
Post a Comment