Saturday, August 2, 2008

Chimney Bluffs

Jon hasn't been as busy with school lately. He's been done with rotations and class, but he had been studying for the boards during his little "break". We decided to go and do a family thing a couple weeks ago. We went out to Ontario Lake to a place called Chimney Bluffs. We wanted to go on a hike and see how Benjamin would like it. If we knew what kind of path this place had, we probably never would have taken Ben. The trail got really close to the edge of the cliffs and Ben was so excited to be out and about that he wanted to run and walk independently everywhere. So, poor stressed out Jon, put Ben on his shoulders to keep him away. Instead of taking the same trail back we followed the rocky beach on the lake. Ben loved picking rocks and throwing them into the lake. He would grab a rock , throw it, and run a little ways to another rock. At one point Jon and I took a break and sat on a tree log while he stood or sat to throw rocks into the lake. It was a good trip.

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Sounds like you had lots of fun! When are you headed back west? I'm excited to see you!

Wendy said...

Looks like you had lots of fun! I'm glad that you were able to have a break with Jon. When are you coming back west? I'm excited to see you!